Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 251

Thread: Wise county consolidations

  1. #171
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    My fear is how are they going to determine what 31 teachers to let go.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  2. #172
    Inactive Member sics_40's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    they are talking about the teachers that have been there the longest offering them a retirement plan that they can't pass up and keeping the newer teachers

  3. #173
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    I don't know how 31 was decided on, but I understand there are 10-12 retiring this year. So it may not be 31 if the retirees weren't calcutated into that number.

  4. #174
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Having read some about consolidations, I doubt a teacher would be let go, so that money is probably imaginary money. Offering other classes, someone has to teach them.

    I hope we don't find out this scenario though....

    By the way, the editorial in the coalfield today is a pretty good read.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #175
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Hey I could be one of those 31. I am real nervous about this whole situation.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  6. #176
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    This may be rumor or what not, but I've heard that there is a large seam of coal near Appy High and, with the Wise County School System owning that property, it would be highly profitable to them to close it down and sell the property to a mining company....anybody heard this?
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #177
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    There are very few Jobs out in the world that are garenteed but teaching is one of the safest IMHO the 31 possissions would be absorbed (Not replaceing reetireing teachers and possable offering early retirement to some on the bubble. The more I think about the proposale thought the more I think That it is DOA and eather a very foolish move to put foward or a very smart move so that if/when a plan for building 3 new schools comes down the pike that proposal would be easyer for most folks to swallow (I could be reading to much into it though)

  8. #178
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    If pound consolidates then I will be pissed off. It will be my senior year next year and that is a bunch of bullsh**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #179
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    if pound consolidates then the members of the school board are a bunch of retards

  10. #180
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Why not have 1 central highschool period. Dickenson County is doing this. Why not have all 6 located at the county seat in Wise. There is more then enough space to do this. It makes more sense to do it. What would be the drawbacks to one central highschool? None. If its going to happen. And it will. Why not do it correctly. End all of the what if's and create a Wise County Highschool. No place would further from Wise by more then 15-20 mins. You could solve all the arguments. All the hub bub.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •